Extreme Picture Finder version history
- Command line parameters support was added making it possible to use Extreme Picture Finder with Windows Task Scheduler in order to start/update any project or search automatically on regular basis.
- Added new option for saved file names: use full original URL for file name
- Added new sub-option when using query string for naming saved files: use value of selected parameter as folder name. Also the value of the parameter which is used for file name is treated as path (can include folder names).
- Page parsing algorithm improved.
- Download project properties updated. In Save -> Naming section it's possible now to set the number of parent page which is used to create file name for saved files.
- Flickr.com search updated.
- Minor bugs fixed
- Export file list feature upgraded. A possibility to add a header row with the names of the columns was added.
- Built-in web picture search was improved. Now the software saves the biggest photo available from flickr.com
- "Export file list" feature was added. It allows to export the list of all downloaded files and pages using customizable file format. Works for both web picture search and website download projects.
- "Update" functionality was improved. It works better now for the projects that use "Manual login to websites with HTML forms" option.
- Better support for download from image hosting services like imagefap
- Google.com search was fixed
- Minor bugfixes
- Page parsing algorithm was improved to allow downloading pictures from WikiPedia.
- Advanced HTTP response headers processing was added to retrieve real file names when there is no direct link to the file and it is saved via PHP or other server script.
- PicSearch.com was removed from the list of supported engines in the web picture search.
- New search engine in the built-in image search - Flickr.com
- "Safe search" support to exclude/include adult pictures from search results.
- PicSearch.com and Ask.com search engine support fixed.
- Minor fixes and tweaks
- Added the possibility to save files without extension using target file mask that ends with a . (dot). For example: *. - saves any file without extension.
- Google.com search fixed
- Added proper indication of URL list import / export progress.
- "Save project" progress is also displayed now.
- "Bing.com" search fixed again
- <...background="..."> tag attribute is now extracted from every tag on the page, not only from <body...>
- Situation when #something at the end of the URL caused infinite loop on the same address fixed
- "Bing.com" search fixed
- "Update" function for download projects does not re-download files deleted by user anymore
- "<script...>" tags are being parsed now allowing users to save ".js" or any other script files
- Algorithm for "Exploration depth limit" was improved. Now it will download every link within the specified depth and save target files from the specified depth plus one.
- Added Yahoo.com to the list of the available built-in search engines. And removed Altavista.com and AllTheWeb.com - they were using Yahoo search results.
- The "Update" function for Searches does not re-download pictures that were deleted by user anymore. Now it tries to get only new results for the given search keyword.
- Added Bing.com to the list of the available built-in search engines
- Fixed the full-size image download for Altavista.com search engine
- Fixed the image search function for Ask.com search engine
- Fixed the "freezing" issue which appeared mostly during web image search
- Improved the website downloader module - it works more efficient now when user chooses to download "from current page only"
- Several improvements of the built-in web image search
- Fixed a serious problem with page parsing for certain websites.
- Major improvement: Extreme Picture Finder will now respond to user actions all the time, even when parsing a huge web page.
- Another small improvement of web page parsing algorithm
- Move project to any category with a single mouse click
- Minor fix of the built-in web image search
- When project is updated, only starting addresses that are currently in the list are updated. This is especially useful for projects with many starting addresses, when you want to update only some of them.
- Built-in Google image search function was fixed
- When re-downloading from a website using existing project, and Save - Conflicts option is set to Do not save new file - new file is not downloaded if file size is the same.
- By default Preserve folder structure of the site option is now turned off for new TGP projects.
- Minor fixes
- Page parsing algorithm was improved. Now Extreme Picture Finder finds more links in the plain text of the pages.
- Altavista.com search was fixed.
- Added new option that allows to name saved files using the file name of the page where the file was found.
- 2 new search engines were added to the built-in web picture search: Altavista.com, PicSearch.com
- Added a possibility to use query string parameter (or entire query string) to name downloaded files
- Fixed download from HTTPS addresses
- Fixed several issued with password-protected sites
- Built-in image search updated
- Improved web page parsing
- Several fixes of built-in Internet image search
- Improved support for manual login into password protected sites
- Fixed a small bug in built-in image viewer
- Support for Socks 4 and Socks 5 proxy
- Ability to save Flash movies (SWF and FLV files)
- Built-in image viewer now supports more file formats, including some RAW images
- New Project Wizard was improved to let users select specific file types by checking corresponding boxes
- Several small improvements and bugfixes.
- Small improvement of the online project database explorer.
- Fixed a bug with password-protected sites download. Now email address can be used as a user name.
- Built-in picture viewer was fixed. All thumbnails are shown now even if there are 1000+ images in the folder
- CSS files are parsed now to extract all image links
- Several small bugs were fixed
- HTTPS support
- Number of saved target files displayed next to the project title
- HTML page parsing algorithm improved
- Users can hide any unwanted category in the online project database explorer
- Extreme Picture Finder was integrated with Extreme Thumbnail Generator to let users create beautiful online image galleries using downloaded pictures with just a couple of mouse clicks.
- We added a new feature that allows to specify whether to send 'Referer' with every HTTP request or not (turning it off helps for some password-protected sites).
- Built-in Google image search was fixed.
- We improved HTML page parsing in this version. Now more links are extracted from the page even if the page has errors in the HTML code.
- The default Internet browser is now opened correctly
- Fixed the problem with unwanted video files downloading while downloading images from Regular or TGP site.
- Fixed the problem with Ask.com image search.
- The Alt key fix for Windows Vista. It doesn't hide the buttons anymore.
- Several small bugs fixed including the one with updates check.
- Users can now save the default settings for all projects and searches
- The trial limit of downloaded files increased to 200000
- Added the possibility to name the saved files using the title of the page where the files were found plus the original file extension.
- Fixed Google.com and Ask.com image searches.
- Improvement to the download process for some password-protected websites that do not require manual login.
- Minor tweaks.
- Integration with Extreme URL Generator. Now you can generate a list of URLs in Extreme URL Generator and start downloading the entire list in Extreme Picture Finder with a couple of mouse clicks.
- Added possibility to save all target files with a custom extension.
- Added automatic check for updates.
- Improved manual login for website with HTML forms, like forums.
- A lot of problems with site downloading fixed.
- Manual login to websites with HTML forms
- Starting addresses list import / export
- Added a possibility to request to add a new category to the Online Projects Database
- Minor improvements and bugfixes
- Improved Web Picture Search. Added two more search modes allowing users to find and download full-size and related images without downloading the thumbnails
- Another improvement of TGP support
- Improved Online Project Database Explorer. Now users can download multiply projects automatically and track which projects were downloaded earlier
- Improved TGP support
- Faster page parsing algorithm
- Minor bugs fixed
Version 3.1.0 (release)
- Added the built-in Online Project Database Explorer
- Thumbnail viewer re-implemented
- Fixed several major bugs
Version 3.0 (beta)
The beta version of Extreme Picture Finder major update, version 3.0, released. We re-implemented every feature from the all previous versions and added a lot of new things! This brand-new software can find much more files on TGP and regular sites than any previous version.
- Fixed the web picture search function
- Several small bugs fixed.
- Cookie support.
- Several small bugs fixed.
- Improved multilingual support. It works much faster now.
- Download pictures from Thumbnail Gallery Post (TGP) sites or pages
- Create new site wizard.
- Download log is now available when downloading pictures from picture categories.
- Tip of the Day! We've got some great tips for getting the most out of Extreme Picture Finder.
- Show / Hide tabs (Categories, Search or My Sites) on the main window.
- Improved the Slide Show. Now users can change the order (Forward, Reverse, Random) in which pictures are shown.
- Added new keyboard shortcuts to the internal viewer.
- Now all pictures and folders are deleted to the Recycle Bin by default.
- Improved uninstaller. Now all files can be deleted during the uninstall process.
- Improved and changed a little the multilingual support.
- Added "Download pictures from external hosts" option on "My Site properties" page to let users download pictures from outside the main host of My Site.
- Now users can set a Desktop wallpaper right from Extreme Picture Finder
- Added Chinese Simplified and Traditional interface translations
- Added the new "Search" tab. Now users can search the web for pictures using their own search queries
- Improved download log. Now it has not only URLs but also download status (OK, error, etc.)
- Better Internet errors detection
- When creating a new "My Site", URL is taken from the clipboard
- Added Finnish, Romanian, and Spanish interface translations
Version 2.0 (release)
We have fixed several small bugs, re-implemented some cool features from older (1.x) version of Extreme Picture Finder, and added documentation into the installation package.
Version 2.0 (beta)
It's a brand new software! It looks new, it feels new it works new! We have re-implemented each and every piece of code in this program. It's multilingual. We have a new internal viewer that supports almost all picture formats, you can download pictures from the site you want (My Sites tab on the main window) and limit the size of pictures to be downloaded. Picture category library now can contain any kind of pictures. The library is rather small, as for now, but we plan to give users free registrations for building it, so we expect the library to grow very fast.
- 1 new picture category
- Several small bugs fixed
- "Never stop on Internet errors" option for LAN and DSL users
- 3 new picture categories. We have 30 picture categories now!
- Increased startup speed
- Reworked thumbnail view
- Re-download folder
- 2 new picture categories
- Download queue
- Thumbnail view
- Sort collection by gallery name (revised) and download date
- Slide show
- When starting in minimized mode - tray icon shows the progress
- Preview picture rendering works faster now
- Some reported bugs fixed
- 2 new picture categories
- Modifications to download history with an option to restore history from backup
- Users can change the location of picture collection.
- Sort collection view by gallery name
- Rename locally stored picture galleries
- Tray icon with possibility to hide the program from taskbar
- Send picture by email using the build-in email client. An address book is also implemented
- Extreme Picture Finder can now start with Windows in minimized mode (without showing the splash screen)
- Browser always opens in a new window now
- After the trial period is over the program does not just stop working. It reduces the list of available categories by one category each day.
- 9 new picture categories
- Download history, which shows all URLs used by Extreme Picture Finder to get pictures
- Copy image gallery to another folder
- Copy a single image to another folder
- Copy image to clipboard
- Fixed a bug with invalid image format
- Fixed several smaller bugs